Home > News > A US media outlet says US President Donald Trump’s administration may soon launch a massive military operation against Iran.

A US media outlet says US President Donald Trump’s administration may soon launch a massive military operation against Iran.

The news website Axios said on Wednesday that the administration is “closer to a major war in the Middle East than most Americans realize,” adding that it could begin “very soon.”

The report quoted sources as saying the US military operation in Iran would likely be a “massive, weeks-long campaign.”

The report also says it would likely be “a joint US-Israel campaign that’s much broader in scope” than their attack on Iranian nuclear facilities in June last year.

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt told reporters on Wednesday that there are many reasons and arguments that one could make for a strike against Iran.

But she says Trump “has always been very clear, though, with respect to Iran or any country around the world, diplomacy is always his first option.”

Leavitt added that Iran would be very wise to make a deal with Trump and his administration.

Speaking about Tuesday’s high-level talks between the United States and Iran, Leavitt said the two sides are “still very far apart on some issues.”

She said she believes the Iranian side is expected to present more detailed proposals in the next few weeks. She said Trump “will continue to watch how this plays out.”

Translate This Article

Leave a Reply

Menu